Terms & Conditions
- SPB (“SPB”) is an introduction agency. Address Ulleswater Villas Ulleswater Road N14 7BP.
- The introductory service provided by SPB is referred to as the “Service”.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, persons booked for childcare services through SPB are referred to as Contractors.
- Persons who contract with SPB for the purpose of hiring persons booked through SPB are referred to as Service Users.
- The childcare and ironing duties carried out by the Contractors are referred to as “Contractor’s Services”.
- The Service we provide:
- SPB provides a child carer introduction services and will endeavour to introduce to the Service User, Contractors on SPB’s register. SPB undertakes to ensure that all Contractors on the register have been carefully selected and have demonstrated satisfactory previous experience in childcare employment and/or relevant childcare training.
- The Contractors may also be instructed to provide the Service User with an ironing service once the Service User’s children are asleep or, if older, properly attended to but never to the detriment of the childcare aspect of the Contractor’s Services.
SPB’s selection procedure includes the following:
- An initial application by email, c.v. or phone call, however, all applicants are asked to complete and sign a written application form,
- identity checks by sight of documents and records supporting the applicant’s identity followed by a face to face and or Skype interview.
- Two verbal references are then taken to allow referees to give a more full, frank and candid picture in discussion,, at least one reference to be in a childcare capacity), we will accept email references on occasions if, for example, the referee is in another country or through an organisation.
- the application and notes of the references received are finally reviewed, approved and signed off by the senior management of SPB before each successful Contractor is admitted to SPB’s register
- the applicant Contractor will also be required to provide a CRB or DBS disclosure certificate dated within 3 years of the date of application, if the Contractor does not have one to provide, then he or she will be directed to apply for and provide one before the selection procedures can be completed Please be aware that CRB, is a snapshot and can only tell you if there are no previous convictions and doesn’t guarantee that no such convictions will happen in the future. Once a babysitter is on the register they will not be required to renew CRB, Ofsted registration and paediatric lifesaver continually, although many do as they work within schools and education etc. We check these details on entering the register and when writing our mini bio, included in the confirmation email, but they may not be continuously re applied for but, please note that we are constantly checking the quality of our babysitters once on the register through our feedback system. We have included an introduction written by the babysitters on the confirmation sheet. Although not all of the comments within the speech marks will have been checked. Eg “I was a teacher in Hungary for 3 years” or I have been babysitting since I was 15 years old” But we think these are helpful to hear the style and personality of the babysitter. If you wish to see any original documentation then please ask the babysitter to bring them on their first booking with you.
- We do recommend to our to our babysitters that they obtain public liability insurance but we do not follow up with checks in order to see that they have done so.
- SPB will always use its best endeavours to fill a booking providing a minimum of four hours’ notice is given. Wherever possible SPB will ensure that the Service User’s bookings are offered to their preferred Contractor(s) first.
- The Service User accepts that Contractors on SPB’s register are casual workers and SPB is not able to require any particular individual to work at any time or for any particular Service User.
- The Service User pays a membership subscription of £15.50 per quarter and a nominal booking fee of £6.50; (£7.50 if the booking starts before 7pm or is during the day, in which case the booking fee will be charged at £9.50 upwards as detailed on the costs page) also see our Temp nanny Fees on Costs page. In return the Service User is permitted to book Contractors on SPB’s Register to work for the Service User.
- A booking is defined as a scheduled start and finish time within a 12 hour period. On each booking SPB charges a booking fee for finding an Contractor for the Service User. A booking fee falls due once the booking has been filled and the name of the babysitter is confirmed to the parent.
- The current Contractor fees are £8.50 ph for all evenings Except Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve £17 per hour Daytime nanny bookings are £9.50ph
- Minimum booking is 4 hours and you will be charged for a Minimum of 4 hours upon early return.
- SPB undertakes to give the Service User a minimum of 90 days’ notice of any change in membership or booking fees, unless such a change is due to a change in VAT. The Service User may cancel their membership of SPB at any time without penalty.
- If an offer of a permanent position is made to one of our registered babysitters, then SPB is entitled to a placement fee of three weeks equivalent of the worker’s net salary.
If the Service User cancels the booking before the day, then only the booking fee will be applicable.
For any “on the day” cancellations, we ask that you give the sitter two hours, by way of a cancellation fee.
If you would like to cancel your membership please do so in writing or by calling the office otherwise we will renew it for you automatically each quarter.
SPB reserves the right to terminate any membership either when the current paid membership expires or by giving the Service User 14 days’ notice and a refund of any un-expired membership fee.
Your membership and quarterly payments will only begin once you have made your first booking.
- Service User’s Arrangements with Contractors
- SPB acts as an introduction and booking agency only and does not employ child carers or any Contractors booked by Service Users.
- The Service User is responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of the booking with the Contractor.
- The Service User and the Contractor are both at all times responsible for ensuring that any tax and national insurance contributions obligations are met.
- Health & Safety
- The Service User and Contractor should carry out any appropriate risk assessment. The Service User should investigate their own home insurance cover in relation to the Contractor’s Services. SPB is not responsible for the health and safety within the Service User’s home nor for providing insurance for either the Service User or Contractor.
- The Service User should ensure that they give clear instructions regarding the care of the children, in particular as to the administration of any medicines, creams etc.
- In paying a membership fee the Service User undertakes to make all bookings with Contractors through SPB. Private approaches to Contractors are not permitted without the agreement of SPB. If a Service User is found to have made an offer of childcare employment to an Contractor beyond the scope of the original booking made through SPB, the Service User’s membership will be cancelled with immediate effect. No refund of membership fees paid will be made and no further bookings will be accepted. The Service User will be liable in damages to SPB to compensate SPB in respect of all past present and future losses which SPB suffers by reason of any breach of the undertaking above to a maximum sum of £1000.
- The Service User accepts that SPB’s responsibility is to introduce Contractors who have demonstrated previous satisfactory childcare employment experience or have been trained in childcare.
- The Service User is responsible for the instruction and direction of the Contractor for the duration of the babysitting appointment. The Service User is responsible for ensuring the Contractor clearly understands the needs of the Service User’s children and the Service User’s expectations of the Contractor’s performance of duties.
- SPB has no responsibility for an Contractor’s acts or omissions when under the direction of the Service User except where these could reasonably have been identifiable from the SPB selection procedure or as a result of other information received by SPB.
- In the event that a Contractor is booked and, for reasons beyond the SPB’s control, cancels at short notice or fails to arrive at the appointed time, SPB will use its best endeavours to find another Contractor for the Service User. In the event that it is not possible to refill the booking, no booking fee will be charged and a refund of a proportion of the Service User’s membership or an extension of their membership will be offered.
- The agency is not responsible for any loss suffered as a result of the Contractor’s failure to keep the appointment except where SPB has failed to use reasonable care in confirming the details of the appointment with the Contractor.
- While the Service User contracts with a Contractor from an introduction made by SPB, in any event the Service User undertakes to reimburse SPB fully for all costs, claims, damages, and liabilities whatsoever arising from the Service User’s wrong doing or negligence.
- It is extremely reassuring for applicant families to hear your feedback. We reserve the right to publish any correspondence meant as feedback with regard to SPB’s service or the services of the Contractor(s). We will never mention full names and addresses.
- Any ironing duties undertaken by the Contractor are done at the Service User’s own risk therefore SPB shall not be liable for any damages.
- The Contractor’s primary role is one of child carer so no assurance of quality of ironing is guaranteed.
- In case of any dispute English law shall apply
At Sitting Pretty Babysitters we value your privacy and also the security of your data. Information that you give to us when registering will be used only for the provision of childcare and babysitting services. All of your data is stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Sitting Pretty Babysitters will not share any of your information with any other company or business for marketing or any other purpose at any time. Unless required to do so by law.